Thursday, February 7, 2008

SANCTUARY



This blessed house I am using - loving - healing - this SANCTUARY: a place of refuge,
a holy space - a place for my soul to sigh and breathe and rest and replenish. No disruptions, interruptions, or noise.

This home is full of things that nourish my soul - art on the
walls, books, music, clothes, cooking utensils, windows with magnificent views and QUIET and PEACEFUL - just me and my LITTLE PEEPS.


Today, I really got to know two of my companions, LEO and CLEO. I was not particularly fond of birds as pets. I would rather see them free, roaming the skies and healing from up above. Ho
wever, LEO and CLEO seem to have an affinity for this home and choose to stay here.



The least I could do was let them out of their cage every day and onto the covered patio by the pool. And then I would clean the bottom of the cage and change the water bowls and dump the old seeds and put fresh seeds.

This earned me high esteem with LEO (grey parakeet) and CLEO (yellow parakeet) who rewarded me with fly-bys - synchronized circle flying at record speeds and in perfect formation. LEO landed on my shoulder for further inspection and communication.

Being extremely sensitive, I was slightly uncomfortable with his claws on my skin. Yet, I noticed how gentle he was being and how small he was i
n comparison to ME. So I endured the uncomfortableness and I made a friend. He bowed his head, inviting me to scratch and pet him, which I did. And in return, he twisted his little neck almost upside down to let me touch the softest parts of him. Thank you Leo!!!



No comments: