Monday, August 23, 2010

DIO Welcomes You...

is what the email said.... to the exploration and creation process in the "Art of Drag".


I love exploring the Arts - the Art of Doing Nothing & the Art of Play were wonderful parts of my life education.



And yet, I was having such doubts....


1. me -a Bio Drag Queen - acting as a man playing a woman playing a man.


2. A 1o week comittment - HUGE


3. Thursday nights from 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. - having to run from Laughter Yoga to DIO


4. Having to share the car with Noah and dropping him off at home before I go


5. 10:30 p.m. - way past my bedtime


6. Makeup and heels - that is SO not who I today (perhaps 15 years ago)


7. Performing in a nightclub/bar - haven't been in one of those for almost 10 years


So many reasons to say NO -



And then I remember the excitement I felt when I met my coaches....


and that my parents left me their car for the summer....
and that I get to perform ....


it's almost like the Universe is propelling me in this direction,


if I choose to say YES and go with the flow



Universe, give me a sign.


I turn on the TV and land on Logo TV - just in time to see RuPaul's Drag U


And how much fun is that. And my coaches are so much nicer. Tee hee ~@~
My LITTLE PEEP is jumping for joy - it's a GO
time to break free from the comfort zone and say YES to life - LeChaim!




For more, Click HERE

No comments: