Wednesday, December 19, 2007

DANCE - Sunday Scribblings

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I believe I might be peeling the translucent layers that surround the heart/the core. Since these are harder to see, they require gentleness in order to not tear the delicate skin.

I am in the process of learning gratitude in every dimension of my life. The most challenging one is cleaning my home. Really learning the process of being a homemaker and caretaker - breaking down my house into parts and devoting energies into different rooms as I sort, clear, purge and clean (washing floors, windows, dusting.....). I turned on the music and let myself dance (something I had not done in quite a while). As I sang along to my tunes and swayed, I felt a shift in my vibrational energy. As the water in the mop bucket got darker, I felt my sadness lift.

Dancing . I have always believed that dancing is the way to reconnect myself with my body - to truly inhabit the space within - it is so amazing how music can fill my soul and all of a sudden, my foot starts twitching and drumming a beat and then my hand follows, tapping a rhythm on my thigh - until I surrender to the music and let myself go and allow my energy to flow.

Dancing started at a young age. Friday nights after dinner, we'd gather in the basement and dance: Abba (Dancing Queen), Neil Diamond (Coming to America), Boney M (By the River of Babylon) and anything from the soundtrack of Grease. My cousins and I, my parents, my aunts and uncles - we would release all the tensions and cares of the weeks and boogie on down.

When I was in my teens, my girlfriends and I would sneak into the bars and dance, dance, dance - we didn't care for the drinking or the men - just the music pulsating in our veins and the unrestrained freedom of moving and sweating and being.

And so, it was a real pleasure to re-mind myself of how important dance is to my soul, my body and me.

I sway - I sashay - I spin - I move my hips - I do the hokey pokey and I turn myself about - that's what it's all about!!!



3 comments:

Jack Greening said...

I think that dance was the first form of whorship and is probably the best form of exercise for body as well as mind and spirit. Keep peeling the thin skins from around your heart because when awareness comes you will see that everything is a dance. I enjoyed your post.

Tumblewords: said...

Dance began so long ago and takes so many shapes - I love that you've incorporated it into housework and dirty mop water! Nice post!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.