Saturday, December 29, 2007

Now and Then - Sunday Scribblings


But for THEN, there would be no NOW.

I have been shifting my understanding of myself, changing from a half-empty to a half-full kind of perspective, in all aspects of my life. And the hardest part of that is my self talk. How I view myself. I find that in the past, I have been very hard on myself, focusing more on what hasn't been done rather than what I have accomplished. And sometimes stuck in the past for how I could have done things differently.

In my process of self discovery this year, I am making peace with the past. But for THEN, I would not be here NOW, sharing myself with you, dear Reader. And THEN has a lot of juicy stuff as I am relishing the adventures that have brought me to the HERE and NOW.

It took the lens of GRATITUDE to see all the yummy and exhilarating life lessons that have created me, Goddess Diana, the human bean that I am becoming. Looking at THEN and seeing how it has shaped NOW. And finding the gifts of THEN in the NOW.

On the eve of this New Year and my upcoming Birth-Day, I am so grateful for THEN. I am so blessed for where it has brought me NOW.

Thank you for this opportunity to share.


8 comments:

Linda Jacobs said...

I like the way you think! Nice writing!

How do you like The Alchemist? I'm in the middle of it at school. It's a new book we just got and are thinking of teaching it to our 10th graders.

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful, and I'm glad you shared your perspective!

Tumblewords: said...

Love this post! Yes, the then made the now. I laughed at 'human bean'. Remember my young brother saying that and I corrected him. He didn't change. LOL

_distorted*mind* said...

aww..very touching... I believe that every woman has a goddess within her...I am only 16 years old and I know I'm not yet a woman and surely, I am not the old Girl I used to be.. I am still in between and this phase really sucks.. There are times that I look at myself in the mirror and i ask "Who the heck are you?"

This 2008, my mission is to learn more about myself, to venture into a journey of realizing that person inside me and by the time reach 18, I hope that I've already become the woman who deserves to be me..

It's very inspiring that a lot of women are trying to improve themselves.

Goodluck!

YOur past tells you who you were then.
YOur present tells you who you will be in the future..

God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Love this - yes you're a Goddess for sure, Thank YOU!

Maree Jones said...

I really resonate with your post - I too struggle with negative self talk and one of my goals for 2008 is to be kinder to myself and to become a more glass half full sort of person. I hope I have the success that you have had. I also have a birthday coming up - Happy Birthday to you! :)

Sherry said...

The impossibility of one without the other...we need a then in order to appreciate a now...I am glad that you are rediscovering and filled with gratitude.

Happy New Year to you with your voice of gratitude!!

Forgetfulone said...

Clever - and true - the then made you who you are now. Great post.