Saturday, December 22, 2007

HOLIDAY MEMORIES - Sunday Scribblings


For me, every day is a holy-day.

WSM Noah and I celebrate ChristmaHanuKwanza in order to encompass all the holy-days at this time of the year. No particular religious rituals except random acts of kindness and peace on earth and good will to all.

Holy-day memories for me are always associated with music. Something about this time of year when the resonance and harmony of the music played is happy and cheerful. The melodies are catchy and sweet and have such a great beat.

The jingles are easy on the ear and played so many times on the air and everywhere you go, that they become ingrained into your subconscious.

And so you find the lyrics on your tongue and tunes resonating with your heart.

And the peaceful vibration it creates is so wonderful. Whether it's singing along with the radio or listening to a barbershop quartet (Thank you Goddess Bliss) - holiday music evokes a sense of joy and gratitude for the people in my life and where I am, in the here and now.

They say a picture paints a thousand words. I hope this video gets the point right across.




P.S. And the holy-day of December 24 has always been a wonderful association for me - as it is the day I got married to WSM Noah - soon to be TEN years ago. Thank you Goddess for this blessing and for this man.

5 comments:

Linda Jacobs said...

Love your common sense attitude toward all the celebrations!

Anonymous said...

I have a friend that says Merry ChrismaHanuKwanza.... I think it's wonderful... Celebrate everyone and everything!!

Wishing you happiness!

Dee
http://pavinganewroad.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

This is the best way to be -- open.

susan said...

Thanks for reminding me of the music and I love your greeting. Blessings to you, too.

Tumblewords: said...

Celebrating is a great way to spend life! Nice post!