Friday, December 14, 2007

TOTEM ANIMAL


These last three weeks, the TURTLE keeps on entering my life.

I was in Orlando canoeing down a river on a REDNECK YACHT where I saw all these turtle
s, just waiting for us to float by.













And then, in Tennessee at Goddess Bliss' house, I had the opportunity to meet Turtle-ini, a delightful turtle with an awesome personality.

And Monday afternoon, I went to the beach to detox and change my energy. We ended up on a different part of the beach then we usually go to and found a sand sculpture. At first, I thought it was a castle with some tunnels and entrances. And then, when I walked around to the front, I saw it was a turtle. Synchronicities abound!!!

Yesterday, walking through the Cultural Center in Hollywood, I saw an old acquaintance teaching a class. As I looked in the window of the door, she picked up a painting and started telling her class about how she painted Red, her most favorite turtle companion.

I believe the Universe sends me signs - "Sign, sign, everywhere I go, ...." - all the time when I slow down enough to pay attention.

I also believe that when an animal enters my life, it is here to show me or teach me something.

More specifically, the animals that appear in our lives are here to guide us and teach us. Shamanistic cultures believe that these animals are totems.

TOTEM (as defined by Wikipedia): any entity which watches over or assists a group of people, such as a family, clan or tribe. In kinship and descent, if the ancestor of a clan is nonhuman, it is called a totem.

I got onto the Internet and searched for the significance of my totem animal, the turtle.

This is what I found at Lin's Domain:

Turtle is the oldest symbol for the Earth.
It is the personification of GODDESS ENERGY
(LOL!!! Thank you Universe for this great sign) and the eternal Earth itself.

If you have a Turtle totem, you must be mindful of returning to the Earth what she has given you. Honor the creative source within you. Use water and earth energies to create a harmonious flow in your life. Ask the Earth for assistance and her riches will pour forth.

If a Turtle totem shows up in your life, slow down the pace of your life.
(My mantra is GO SLOW!!! Thank you Universe for this reminder) Bigger, stronger, faster are not always the best ways to reach your goals.

Turtle is fine teacher of the art of grounding.
When you learn to ground yourself to Earth's power and strength,
you place focus on your thoughts and actions
and use the Earth's limitless energies rather than your own to accomplish your will.

Turtle is the keeper of doors and one of the ways into the Faerie Realm.


After the healing experience I had in Tennessee with Goddess Bliss, I am grateful for this totem in my life - just as I am opening my heart to my Angels and Guides.

No comments: