Sunday, March 30, 2008

Return to the Ocean



Friday afternoon - WSM Noah and I set out on date "night" (we start at 4:30 p.m. since I am in bed by 9:30 p.m.)  We head for the beach.  Different time of the day, different feel to the ocean.  The air is slightly cooler as the sun descends.  The sand however is warm and inviting to our feet.

We find a little dune by the sea oats with a clear and unobstructed view of the ocean.  There is a feeding frenzy going on and we are treated to a most spectacular view of pelicans diving in for their meal.  Must be a lot of fish near the shore today.

We are sitting on the sand, feeling the winds, listening to the ocean's beat, enjoying some rays of sunshine.  I start to sing  - a sanskrit mantra, allowing my voice to harmonically converge with nature.  I am calling the birds.  I am singing them a melody of peace and love, inviting them to come out and play with me.

And then WSM Noah tells me to lean back, lay down, let the beach support my head and gaze up at the sky.  I lay back and relax my muscles, feeling the Earth's heat through the sand, synchronizing with her heartbeat, her tempo and allowing my eyes to gaze in wonder at all the clouds.  And I sink back into old memories, wonderful feelings.  I used to love doing this as a child.  Head back on the earth, being still and watching the clouds dancing and story telling. Watching with wonder and awe at the mathematical formulations intimated by the swirls and shapes I see playing out in the sky.

And I feel such peace in my soul, such connection in the Here and Now with the elements that surround me and are part of me.

Life is good!!!

1 comment:

the glitzy gypsy said...

I love the bird--she is awesome And Auntie Sylvia's Birthday video--PERFECT!!!! I feel as if I know her so much more now--I love her! Happy Birthday Auntie Sylvia--and many more--
Bliss Happens,
brenda bliss