Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tag - You're it



Goddess Beth, a sister Blogger and Sunday Scribblings writer has tagged me to list SIX unspectacular quirks of mine.

QUIRK: a peculiar trait, an odd habit. Hmmm, six? Tee hee!!! This will be easy.
Now, granted, I think all of my quirks are spectacular.

1.
I read more than one book at a time. I have three books in mid state at any time. It's like my brain can only process so much so I move to another book, another topic, another lifetime and get absorbed until I can't no more or get called away. Perhaps the equivalent to a televised commercial. Tee hee!!!

2.
I have to wear a tiara to do housework. Before, I start cleaning toilets or mopping floors, it is MANDATORY to crown myself. I bought a beautiful bling-bling tiara from Claire's which I put on before I start loving my house back to CLEAN. The best part is if UPS or FEDEX or neighbors show up during housecleaning and I answer the door with my tiara. Tee hee!!

3.
I never get the right lyrics to a song. So I make them up as I go along. I sing, loud and proud, but not necessarily what was created by the artist. It's so much more fun this way!!! And it allows me recognition of a great number of songs and sounds. It makes it a little hard at Karaoke when I have to see the actual words that were written for the song. Tee hee!!!

4. I love sleeping with my Meows. More than sleeping really - it's like I am having an intimate affair/seduction with Ruby Meow when she circles around me and then falls to my hip and allows me to touch her nose and then her little paws come out as she massages very subtly different bones and muscles. Each Meow has their own little way of meeting and greeting and allowing our time to proceed. For me, it's learning a new language and meditating through Meows. I attempt to give myself at least two hours every day for this wonderful and necessary part of my life.

5. I love being out and about in the early A.M. - 4:44 a.m. is a favorite. I love having my neighborhood to myself. GingerMama and I can walk and talk and look and linger. We get to commune with the stars and the Moon. Not many other souls are up at this time. Not much electricity or noise or car pollution. Just me and the Stars and GingerMama and the moon and the ESSENCE.

6.
Coming out of my shell - tee hee!!! I feel like a turtle. Actually, I was one for the longest time. Hardly coming out of my house or going places with lots of people. Coming out at dusk and dawn. Living a rich interior life within me and within the walls of my home. People think I am such a social person and yet I am very shy and INtroverted. I haven't met many of my neighbors and I have been living here 10 years now. Yet, this peaceful time has let me grow beautiful flowers in my garden and patience and calm and presence.

Now, none of these quirks bother me. I have learned to LAUGH at myself over the years. And in fact, I have found these quirks to be helpful in all sorts of bizarre and yummy ways.

My instructions were to share my quirks and tag six other writers I've come to know on Sunday Scribblings. So if I have tagged you it is because your weekly words and sharing have made me curious to know more about you and your wonderful lives. Thank you for your participation and sharing!!!

Here are the rules from Goddess Vicki:

1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

I have tagged these phenomenal writers who teach me about life by sharing their own. And for that I am truly grateful and blessed!!!

Goddess Strawberry Swirl and Goddess Aegiale and Goddess Jenn and Goddess Linda May and Goddess Granny Smith and Goddess Beautiful Witch - tag, you're it!!!

3 comments:

jenica said...

wow lady, those are some great quirks! i'm gonna have to get me some cleaning bling. ;-D

xoxo

Maree Jones said...

How nice of you to visit my blog and tag me. :) I have two of your quirks - I read up to 4 books at any one time for the same reason and I'm hugely introverted yet people think I'm social. If I didn't work (and don't go thinking I'm happy about working!) I'd probably stay home 90% of the time or wander about the world alone in my own little bubble of isolation.

As for the tiara for cleaning, well, that is coolest thing I have heard in a really long time! :)

Anonymous said...

I have infer from a only one of the articles on your website at this very moment, and I extremely like your line of blogging. I added it to my favorites trap age muster and disposition be checking back soon. Please repress out my orientation as highly and fail me know what you think. Thanks.