Monday, September 22, 2008

The Wish

Between Tropical Storm Hannah and Hurricane Ike, and celebrating Noah's 41st Birthday, we boarded an NCL cruise from Miami.  More on that later...
 
I usually wish upon a star every night.  You know:

"Star light, star bright
First star I see tonight
I wish I may, I wish I might
Have the wish I wish tonight"

During the summer and change to fall, it's in the early morning, at 4:44 a.m. that I make my wish on the first star I see when GingerMama & I start our walk.   I've always asked for world peace.  For Mama Earth.  For me and you.  For us and the LITTLE PEEPS who live amongst us and within us.

Feeling completely blessed and fortunate for the little hide-away my McGyverish husband created on the balcony of the NCL band created a little hide-away overlooking the ocean - shaded from the Sun - I am laying on a cushion on the deck watching the clouds and listening to the water.   I am with others out at sea yet so exquisitely alone at this moment in this reality.

I am reading The CIRCLE by Laura Day.  Savoring her words and ener-CHI in this peaceful book which resonates deeply.  Discovering my one true wish and putting it into the language of The CIRCLE.  One single WISH. 

And she asks:  "What single change in your life would give you the most joy?"

I pray and allow myself to feel.   I chant and listen to my internal rhythm.  I put my hand on my heart and hear what she has to SAY.  I draw a circle and heart it and write down my WISH.
I then have the audacity to look up at the sky and demand the Universe give me a sign.  " I need a sign to let me know you're here".... (Train).  I gazed at the clouds and meditated on the peace in my heart.  And all of a sudden I saw it.  In the middle of a beautiful set of clouds right smack dab in front of me.


    Me and rainbows go way back.  They always seem to show up for me when I least expect it and when I most need some sort of affirmation, or encouragement for the choices I make or the steps that I take.    Took my breath away it did.  Here it is again in perspective to the rest of the sky  - tee hee!!!

For me, rainbows have great significance - they always seems to come to me when I ask for signs or meet up with spirits.    In Greek mythology, a rainbow is considered to be a path made by a messenger between Earth and Heaven.  Also, in the Bible, Book of Genesis, Noah gets a rainbow as a sign from God - a covenant between God/Goddess and the Earth.  

Rainbows only last for a few moments.  A conversation starts, focus is lost - we look and it's gone.  We settle back into quiet and bliss - observing the sky and BEing.  The winds, the water, the clouds.  A half hour passes.  And then right in front of our line of sight:


Rainbow #2.   

I open my heart to what this means to me.  I open my heart to greater sensitivities and understanding things that are not visible to my eyes.  I open my heart to my IN-tuition and gifts of SIGHT and FEELINGS.   I am ready for this great change.  I am ready for 2.  I am open.  I am ready.  I accept.

I open my heart to all the souls who are ready to dance the Earth with me.  tee hee!!!

No comments: