Sunday, September 26, 2010

DIO - I am a DRAG QUEEN

Do you get that Bitch?
A DRAG QUEEN - not just an itty bitty performer
long gone are the Karaoke days

Our last class on Thursday was beyond beyond.
We had an outing - fully dressed and made-up
We Drag Queens went on a roadtrip.


We drove in pairs (safe buddy system)to Wilton Manors
to check out the place we'd be performing.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE scoping things out -
helps me feel balanced and secure when I know
the layout - the rules - the lay of the land.



We walk up the steps - we're on the stage


we experience the length and width of it all


and what the room is like


(even though it was empty and fully lit, tee hee)



We cheered each other on as we pranced


in our high heels and did our routines


We clapped and LAUGHed and woohoo'd.



Twat La Rouge & Chocolatta had a surprise


We were going out into the public


We crossed a street in Wilton Manors


- one at a time, in total drag -


we walked as if we were models on a catwalk


once we got to the center of the street;


we screamed out our names (Alter Egos),
did a little half spin and kept on walking






It was wild!!!


We stopped traffic as people honked


and a bicyclist fell off his bike watching us


More than that - it was a defining moment for me


there is something strange about screaming
without any attached emotion


it's like a disconnect with your brain and mouth


ha ha ha



it was a powerful experience -
I am Chutzpah Hussy, you bitches.


Hear me Roar: "What's Going On?"


~@~



P.S. The funny thing is that I felt sick all day.


I didn't want to go to class. I thought it would


be best to go home after Laughter Yoga and


see if I'd feel better the next day. No way, Jose.
I remembered that SHOWING UP is what it's all
about. So, I put on a smile and a shitload of makeup


and I had a fabulous evening. Woohoo~@~


For more CLICK HERE






No comments: