Saturday, June 20, 2009

Weekend with Dad


On Tuesday, I called Dad to see how he was doing. He sounded really down. Mom is in Texas with the grandchildren and Dad is alone in Montreal with Sammy Meow. I decided to spend Father's Day weekend with Dad. Found some awesome priced round trip tickets to Montreal. And away we go!!!

On Friday morning, I had my morning beach walk and swim with Goddess Leslie. Stopped by the chiropractor for an adjustment. Came home, walked GingerMama, showered and headed to the airport. Five hours later I was in Montreal.

Dad picked me up at the airport. He had groceries in the car - half a dozen fresh Montreal Bagels, strawberries, blueberries, rasberries and some beautiful Halibut steaks. I couldn't help myself. I dug into a bagel before we even left the airport. Dad showed some expert driving skills as he got us out of rush hour traffic and safely home.

We went home to cook up a feast. We washed the fish steaks and cut up some tomatoes, put it all in a pan to simmer with some cumin and Montreal spices. The aromas that wafted from the kitchen were intense. Twenty minutes later, we sat down outside on the terrace to eat.

Dad built a beautiful patio/terrace outside his apartment where he has a great view of the sun setting in the West. Sammy showed off his jumping and climbing skills as we sat and talked and enjoyed the evening sun.


The nice thing about mid June in Montreal is that the sun does not set until about 9:00 p.m. We had a lovely sunset and enjoyed the evening breeze. The neighbors stopped over for a glass of wine. It was really nice.

It's funny. I haven't really had any Daughter-Father time with my Dad, especially with me as an adult. It was really nice to spend one-on-one time with him. And we have such adventures planned for tomorrow!!

2 comments:

the glitzy gypsy said...

You and Dad look so happy--I'm glad that you got to spend this time together!
Hugs
Goddess Bliss

Temple Woman said...

LOOk how radiant you are!

p.s. I love that you've added me to your list of insPIRing Wimmin.