Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happiness


"Happiness is a choice, not an emotion."


I am learning how very very true this is. For me, it's about SLOWING DOWN and BEE-come-ing more AWARE. Noticing & observing the little things. Being grateful that I can.

Every morning I am blessed with the privilege of taking Doggess Goddess Ginger Mama out for our daily walk. We rise with the stars and serenade the moon as we start our journey through the neighborhood. We chat with the squirrels and listen to the birds as they sing their melodies of love.

Sometimes, I can get lost in my thoughts - which happens tee hee!!! until Ginger Mama yanks my arm off and brings me back to the Now. I focus on the dramatic pre-sunrise lighting of the sky. Pinks and purples and orange.

I feel the dew on the grass and the slightly sweet putrid smell of the mango trees as they blossom. I embrace the stillness in my neighborhood as GingerMama and I walk. We BE our light as we BREATHE and witness. So many trees to hug and exchange energy with - we smell each other and absorb elder-essence-scents.


And now the clouds are dancing and getting ready to paint the sky's new gown as we await for the sun to rise. A fellow traveler in the neighborhood shouts out a Good Morning. GingerMama wags her tail as I wave. Kids waiting for schoolbuses as they play some newfangled cellular melodies with their fingers.

So many things to be happy about.

I am alive. I am breathing. I am moving. YAY!!!

Today is another beautiful day. The moon, the stars, the sun.

I get another chance to paint my canvas of life. Yay!!! Another opportunity to PLAY and BE happy, just because I can!!!

Wishing you,
Peace & Love, Just Because,
GoddessDiana


No comments: