Saturday, August 16, 2008

Doggess Goddess Language

meow meow

I've always been a Cat.   Physically in many other lifetimes although I still feel it in my bones and in my heart meow.  As such, it has always been easy for me to intuitively communicate with Meows.  Mine, those I meet on the street, those who cross my path...

Trying to learn how to communicate with GingerMama, my Doggess Goddess, I am trying too hard, not exhibiting patience, reading too many "experts" that do not resonate with my heart.   So, I stopped.  I took a deep breath.   GingerMama and I went outside to try something different.  I  sat at my creative table and made some space.   Tackled a pile of paper - things torn out from magazines, old cards, funky paper - sorting and clearing and cutting and filing.  And I relaxed and released the stress of learning a new process and not being kind and gentle with myself.

Ginger Mama was laying out under the table, sprawled out and sleeping peacefully. All of a sudden, she let out a yawn and gave a big stretch and I felt her toe pads touch mine.  Our feets were connected.  I had an A-HA moment.


My Goddess Auntie Catalina was the first to share with me how wonderful the scent of the paws and the toes of a doggess goddess can be.  And I truly get the scent thing.  Reverting back to my animal nature and connecting with GingerMama in an earth form.  

For me, however, it was the heat.  The heat emitting from her toes.  The transfer of heat from her toes to my toes and the wave of ener-CHI that transferred into me.    If I remember my high school Physics correctly -  heat transfer from GingerMama to Goddess changes the internal energy of both systems involved (possibly Law of Thermodyamics).   And it happened.   A warm, loving exchange of energy that had us both sighing and stretching and happy.

I have practiced this for years with my Meows - taking daily naps and quieting my mind and slowing my body down.  Body to body, connected by fur and skin, allowing the Ener-chi flow from Meow to me.  Letting the Meow heat and purr vibrate through my skin and into my bones and flow through my veins.  It makes for an awesome internal massage.

To show me that I am getting it and keep up the good work, the Universe sends me a sign.  Among the pile of dog training/language books I have, Cesar Millan (the Dog Whisperer)'s book, Be The Pack Leader, jumps off the shelf and lands open on Page 120 - "...learning how to communicate rules, boundaries and limitations through ENERGY.  There is no substitute for that energy and bond - no tool that money can buy - and almost no experience on earth can rival the kind of spiritual closeness that occurs when you and your dog are truly, naturally in sync."

By Goddess, I think I've got it!!!

"IN ORDER TO REALLY ENJOY A DOG, ONE DOESN'T MERELY TRY TO 
TRAIN HIM TO BE SEMIHUMAN.  THE POINT OF IT IS TO OPEN 
ONSELF TO THE POSSIBILITY OF BECOMING PARTLY A DOG"
- Edward Hoagland

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to dogsit for a friend who was out of town a lot, spending lots of time with her wonderful springer spaniel. At one point, my friend said "I think he sees you as another dog." I couldn't have received a better compliment....

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hello all, I just registered on this excellent community and desired to say hello there! Have a great day!