Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Songs that touch my soul



These songs had a profound impact on me growing up.   

I would wait for these songs to play on the radio so I could record them.  I would have my tape recorder waiting - pushing on the play and record button at the same time, praying that the DJ would not talk over the start of the song.  And then, I would play them over and over again, trying to get all the lyrics down on paper.  My poor parents.  I must have driven them crazy, listening to the same songs over and over again.  Tee hee!!!

Now, this is not an all encompassing list.  However, these songs are from my childhood.  And I still enjoy them to this day.

Hope you enjoy this blast from the past!

ABBA - I have a Dream



BONEY M - By the River of Babylon



BILLY JOEL - Honesty







Born to Be Alive - Patrick Hernandez



FunkyTown - Pseudo Echo

Hold on Tight - Electric Light Orchestra

1 comment:

the glitzy gypsy said...

FUNKY TOWN !!!!!!
We must dance to this the next time we are together!!!
hugs,
bb