Monday, August 11, 2008

Movies with Moxy



MOXY: 
According to the Urban Dictionary, MOXY means a great amount of courage to do what you want to do. 

I watched
Monty Python's Meaning of Life in my 20's and 30's.  I loved the songs, the tongue-in-cheek humor and the whole experience of laughing and making light of our HIS-story and reasons for being here on earth.  I share with you a wonderful visual adaptation of the Galaxy Song:



Another movie with moxy is Wedding Crashers.  I resisted seeing it because I thought it would be too silly for me.  However, the dialogue, the character treatment, the raw honesty, the outrageousness, the dysfunctionality.  I loved this movie from start to finish.  It made me laugh!!!  and think and laugh!!! and cry.  If you can handle the profanity and crudity, this is a great chick flick.

And my all time favorite is GREASE -
 " is the word, is the word, that they heard.  It has groove.   It has meaning."  

This 1978 movie was an amazing phenomenon - a musical with great songs and happy boy meets girl story.  This is a fun movie that encourages singing and dancing.  This is a movie that has transcended its time - as popular today as it was then.

Back then, I knew every song by heart and could do all the dance moves.  I still know all the songs by heart.   Tee hee!!






No comments: