Thursday, October 2, 2008

GENTLE LIFE LESSONS

                                   

I set an intention to experience gentle life lessons.  It seems to work best with my sensitivities and constitution.  I pulled Goddess Kuan Yin from the Goddess deck today.  She speaks of compassion and love and seeing the light in myself and everyone so that life lessons can come to me gently.  Tee hee!!!

I am absorbing it as my mantra this week. 

I am in the process of reading GENTLE BIRTH CHOICES (which includes a DVD on childbirth) by Goddess Barbara Harper who I had the privilege of meeting a few Saturdays ago as she was here for a viewing of Orgasmic Birth at the Hollywood Birth Center

I have been giving great thought and putting a lot of time into educating myself into the process of Birth.  A process that is deeply ingrained in our cells as women yet over the last 100 years here in the U.S.A. has become institutionalized and rationalized away as being a medical procedure and in need of intervention.

I choose to give birth without fear or pain or violence.  I choose to welcome the souls that will come to me in peace and gentleness and love - and an orgasm or two would be most welcome as well, tee hee!!!  

I have immersed myself in the ingredients of a gentle birth and letting go of preconceived notions and stereotypes of the "way it's supposed to be".  Holistic prenatal preparation so that WSM Noah and I are aware and ready for this new journey we are about to undertake. Physically, mentally and spiritually. Trusting myself, my body, my partner so I can let go and ease into the process of giving birth. Empowering myself through education about my food choices (nutrition for the vessel that carries my soul), community (people who I surround myself with), environment (water birth) and support (midwives and doulas).  Putting all the elements together a-head of time.
 
I have come to understand that parenting starts way before pregnancy.   Looking within and sorting out traumas and learned behaviors so we are not forced to repeat unconscious patterns that may no longer work for us.  Learning to communicate within  and amongst ourselves and changing our vibrations.  Consciously radiating and sending out magnetic energy to attract a soul to be granted the gift of a human body.    Shifting thoughts and attitudes and sloughing off old skin cells that no longer serve their purpose.  

In gratitude and awe for where we have come from and where we are NOW MEOW and where we are heading.  


No comments: